Thursday, May 22, 2008

35 Going on 9

In the last week I have rediscovered 2 things from my childhood. First, I found my favorite book on EBay. It is the tale of King Pilaf, of Mulligatawny, in search of a queen who can bake gingerbread. He finds Princess Calliope who also has some marriage requirements. She is in search of a husband who can play the slide trombone. It is based on a German folktale. I would take this book out every time my Mom & I went to the library.

I was a weird kid.

Second, I found a cartoon on YouTube that no one seems to remember. So I thought.
These are The Barbapapas. I think they were on really early on Saturday or Sunday.
I don't remember much about them. They seem to be a family of blobs. They are each a different color.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so much fun to find stuff like that from child hood. Gives you the warm fuzzies. I definitely own a few of my favorite childhood books. Makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that cartoon! I hadn't though of it in years, and I'm sure I wouldn't have without the nudge, but I do remember it! How funny! I love stumbling across childhood faves. Makes you feel all warm and squishy.

Unknown said...

"I was a weird kid."

hahaha... was?? ;)