Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knit '09

Well, 2009 was quite a year! Here are some of the knitting highlights.

* Wicked Wormtown Swettah (Wicked done in Araucania Nature Wool) was my birthday sweater for 2009. I got most of it done while sick with one of the worst colds I've had in a long time. Come to find out I was so sick because I didn't want to take a new job that I was hired for. Not long after this I decided to buy Amethyst Point. The rest is history. Also, I wore this sweater in my new license photo. I hope the cop that pulls me over notices my handiwork.



* Bloomin' Clap (Clapotis) was worked on through the Super Bowl, birthday and the rest of the horrid winter. The yarn is Elizabeth Austen, Andes.



* Affe Socken (Monkey Socks), done in Zitron Trekking XXL, were actually started in October 2008. I did one sock then got bored. I finished the 2nd sock while lounging in my new hammock late spring. These socks will always remind me of my BFF Flannel. I worked on these socks while spending her last days with her doing what she loved most, lying in the grass. I also did Washing-ton (A Dishcloth You Can Believe In!) at this time.

* In March, I started February Lady Sweater (NY Yarns, Olympic). Finished in early July, who thought I would get to wear it not long after. July was miserable!

* The rest of the summer was filled with smaller projects, Cypress Twig Cap (Twig Lace Cap), Official Kittyville Hat, Stolen Moments Wrap & a French Press Cozy for a swap that I joined.

* As our very brief summer turned into fall, I did a sweater for myself (Neck Down Hooded Tunic For Women) & a sweater for Alicia (Nimbus). Both sweaters came out ok. I ran out of yarn for my sweater & had to track down a woman in Juneau, AK who had a ball for sale. Ah, the perks of knitting with sale yarn (usually means it's discontinued!). The button made of antler is the highlight of this sweater. With Alicia's sweater I had plenty of yarn. In fact, I should have used more of it. Following the pattern makes this cropped sweater too short. I made the sleeves longer but did not want to redo the body. Thank god I used a fabulous button, yet again! It really saved the sweater.

* Christmas projects were next on my list. I had pulled my aunt Denise's name in the family grab. This was good news. I knew she would love a sweater & she's fairly small. I measured her at the Labor Day BBQ, chose a pattern (Sunrise Circle Jacket) & ordered the yarn. I made 4 Wham Bam Thank You Lamb Neckwarmers (one for myself), 2 Green Living Totes (which I worked on while on Thanksgiving holiday in The Hamptons. That just doesn't get old.), the felted Windy City Tote for Mom (tears were shed during that project), Hot Out Of The Oven pot holders for my cousin Katie & French Press Felted Slippers for myself.










2010 hopes to be even more successful. Colorwork, a lace throw and yet another birthday sweater are all upcoming. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! You made some great knits in 2009! Looking forward to seeing more (especially the color work) this year!