Sunday, February 3, 2008

ROLLER BOOGIE





Last night my sister's friends threw her a 30th birthday party at Skylite Roller Rink. It was a blast. I haven't been on skates in about 22 years. Her friends, boyfriend & some of our family attended. Both of our aunts & uncles skated! I couldn't believe the number of us that took the chance.


Of course, Betsy was dressed for the occassion. She bought that silver jacket just for the evening & her boyfriend gave her new skates for her birthday. When are those gonna come in handy again? The best I could do was my off the shoulder Flashdance sweatshirt & rented skates(the latter I wouldn't have been caught dead in 22 years ago)

From the 4th grade to about 7th, my best friend KellyD & I went to the roller rink reliously. When I say reliously I mean we spent every Sunday all day instead of church. We had our own skates(white w/ red or blue wheels were acceptable), lycra skating skirts worn with nylons(makes your pasty pre-pubescent legs look tan. hot, huh?)& skate covers(who wants to see your laces, yuck!) My skating skirt was the most incredible shade of aqua blue that would make Toni Basil spontaneously break into a cheerleader pyramid. I looked like a string bean in a mini skirt. Last time I skated I didn't have any boobs. Now, not only am I worried about that, I have an ass to haul around too. Center of gravity has changed. Good times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I totally want to go skating!! What a fun party! And, love the flashdance look!

Heather said...

what a great way to spend a birthday - LOVE the silver jacket!